Writing a gratitude list is one of my December highlights as far as I can remember. Saw a fortune-teller this year who told me I am lucky to live past 21. No wonder every day is a lucky day filled with countless blessings. A quote I came up with when I was 16: “Today is the best day of my life, for I live only in the present. My past ended when I fell asleep last night, my future will start when I wake up tomorrow.” Nothing is too small to be thankful for – everything from the good to not-so-good-turned-blessing-in-disguise.
1) Thank you for being alive. Thank you for the choice of waking up to a happy day everyday. Thank you that today is always the most amazing day of my life, having new experiences and creating beautiful memories daily.
2) Thank you mummy and daddy for giving me life and been with me in the last 28 years. Thank you for giving me a nice sounding name, both in English and Chinese. Thank you for bringing me up and providing me with the necessities.
3) Thank you for a life of abundance. Thank you for always having love, time, energy, money, help and friends around me all the time. Thank you for giving me so much that I can share with others too.
4) Thank you for having big dreams. Thank you that I have found my life vision, mission and purpose early in life. Thank you for providing me the opportunities to fulfil my goals and moving towards my dreams, slowly but surely.
5) Thank you for surrounding me with wonderful people. Thank you for bringing me lovely girlfriends, wonderful friends, inspiring people and superb colleagues. Thank you that they come into my life for a reason, a season and a lifetime.
6) Thank you for my dearest girlfriends. Thank you for keeping me sane and grounded all these years. Thank you for your valuable company and awesome advice. Thank you for sharing your life with me.
7) Thank you for the wonderful 3 years in New Zealand. Thank you for the friends I made and amazing people I met. Thank you for your inspiration, you made a positive difference in my life. Thank you for being there at that time.
8 ) Thank you for amazing authors who wrote brilliant books that touched my life. Thank you for these amazing people who share so much with me. Thank you for all these valuable life lessons. Thank you for bringing them into my life.
9) Thank you for being blessed with fresh air, clean water and yummilicious food all the time. Thank you for being born in a developed country with everything provided to us so conveniently. Thank you that I am born in Singapore.
10) Thank you for the beautiful nature. Thank you for experiencing the beautiful human nature so many times from people at all walks of life around the world. Thank you for the greenery in this world and Singapore city in a garden.
11) Thank you for a world full of love and happiness. Thank you for feeling love and happiness daily. Thank you for everyone and everything that bring love and happiness into my life daily. Thank you for your smile – our universal language.
12) Thank you for a memorable school life. Thank you for a nice kindergarten, a simple primary school, a good secondary school, a fun polytechnic and an interesting university. Thank you for a good education foundation.
13) Thank you for the beautiful music. Thank you for wonderful love songs. Thank you for timeless love ballads. Thank you for the good feelings you provide. Thank you for the existence of mp3s and itunes.
14) Thank you for having a wonderful bedroom. Thank you for a sanctuary where I spend countless hours in. Thank you for always having sufficient furnishings in every bedroom I stay in. Thank you for my future walk-in.
15) Thank you for advanced technology. Thank you for my non-living besties – MacBook, iPhone and iPad. Thank you to all technology that made my life so much more comfortable. Thank you for digital technology and photos.
16) Thank you for phones and internet. Thank you for technology that helps us to keep in touch. Thank you for making the world more connected. Thank you for having less than 6 degrees of separation.
17) Thank you for chocolates. Thank you for Nutella, life would never be the same without you. Thank you for having cheap chocolates while it last. Thank you nature for providing cocoa trees.
18) Thank you for the best machine in the world – the human body. Thank you for the best computer in the world – the human mind. Thank you that they are functioning in perfect synchrony in the best possible manner for 28 years.
19) Thank you for the simple pleasures. Thank you for flowering shrubs. Thank you for birds chirping. Thank you for ice cream in hot weather. Thank you for warm soups in cool weather. Thank you for sound sleep with sweet dreams.
20) Thank you for a successful life. Thank you for experiencing love daily. Thank you that every day is filled with bliss and happiness. Thank you that every day is productive and efficient. Thank you for feeling healthy everyday.
21) Thank you for financial freedom by 35. Thank you for exposing to investment and business opportunities regularly. Thank you for reading Retire Young Retire Rich at 21. Thank you money. I love money.
22) Thank you for good luck everyday. Thank you for smooth traffic all the time. Thank you for cabs, trains and bus coming whenever I need them. Thank you for the winning streak in lucky draws and contests regularly.
23) Thank you for the negative times and near-death experiences. Thank you for teaching me important life lessons through them. Thank you that I made it out alive. Thank you for clearer life direction after each experience.
24) Thank you for interesting Singaporean life. Please let me get stuck in the MRT and having to walk on the rail in the dark tunnel. Please let me experience knee-high flash flood. Thank you for all other wacky experiences.
25) Thank you for gradual enlightenment. Thank you giving me strong and accurate gut instincts. Thank you for the Nature Laws. Thank you for the Law of Attraction and Love. Thank you for learning the Healing Touch.
26) Thank you Laurence for torturing my life in the last 23 years. Thank you that your existence is to strengthen my survival instincts and build my character. Thank you for your presence.
27) Thank you for feeling 21 years young, 165cm tall and 50kg light. Thank you that I am happy, healthy, smart and pretty – everyday. Thank you for 28 years of exceptional life experiences. Thank you for a better upcoming 72+++years.
28) Thank you for my soulmate. Although we have not met each other yet, I know you exist and look forward to meet you when we are ready. Thank you for coming into my life soon. Thank you for a great life together.
* photos taken from World Wide Web